Estimated retail cost without shipping: $100.00
- One LARGE, square or round plastic palette with or without thumb hole or lid. IT MUST BE WHITE. Approx. 15in. x 12in. Suggested brands: Richeson or Tom Lynch
- One watercolor pad. Approx. 11in x 15in. Cold Press. Be sure it is 140lb. weight or higher NEVER lower. Spiral or bound. Recommended brands: Canson, Strathmore (PLEASE AVOID BIENFANG)
- Suggested brand is Winsor and Newton, COTMAN series (do not confuse this with the Winsor and Newton Artist’s Series. Same company, but the latter series is very expensive). One 8ml tube of Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Payne’s Grey, Alizarin Crimson and one black (either Lampblack or Ivory Black). No white please! Click here to read an amendment to Paints
If you can afford further colors: 8ml tube of COTMAN Watercolors by Winsor and Newton; Sap Green, Viridian Green, Cobalt Blue, Cadmium Red Light, Burnt Umber, Raw Umber, the black other that the one you picked above, NO violets, NO whites.
- Please do not buy watercolor brushes. Wait until we teach you how to purchase the proper brushes. For more information about brushes, please click here.
From Your Drawing Kit
- One 2B graphite pencil
- One white rubber eraser. Suggested brand: Staedler
- One roll cheap masking tape (VERY IMPORTANT)
Materials Included with Tuition (don’t purchase on your own)
- Masking fluid
- Gum arabic
- Watercolor paint brushes
- Alternative papers
- Coffee (for alternative watercolors)
- Additional colors
- Additional mixing palettes
- Wide array of tools & instruments
warning Included materials are for in-house use only, and cannot be taken home.
warning We cannot store your materials and gear in-house. If you choose to purchase your own sets, please bring the to class, and take them back home with you each time.
warning All students carry the same materials, please label yours! Check our Lost-n-Found bin regularly. Thank You!