Estimated retail cost not including shipping or toolbox: $35.00
- Paper: One pad of DRAWING paper (NOT sketching paper, please), weight 80lb. Size 9in x 12in. White or cream. Spiral bound is best. Brands: Strathmore, or Canson. AVOID Bienfang Brand.
- Pencils: either a kit of all 20 graphite pencils OR one of each of the following: 2B, 5B, 8B, HB, H, 5H. Good brands are Design by Eberhard-Faber, Kimberley, and Pro Art. Even better are Schwam and Derwent. Please AVOID Turquoise and Staedler, great brands but not for techniques we’ll explore!’
- Charcoal: One small pack containing three to five sticks of charcoal sticks, SOFT. If you must buy a full box, that is fine for future use. DO NOT BUY compressed charcoal.
- Blender: One or more blender (also called paper stump, or torchons), about 3/4in. in diameter. The double-tipped blenders are strongly preferred.
- Masking Tape: 1 roll
- Duster: One cheap, but unused, feather duster, or one draftsman’s dusting brush
- White eraser: One white eraser, preferably Staedler brand.
- Grey eraser: One grey kneaded eraser
- Toolbox: One cheap, plastic tackle box. These are too expensive at art stores. However, they are just as good and very affordable at home department stores like K-Mart, etc.
warning We cannot store your materials and gear in-house. If you choose to purchase your own sets, please bring the to class, and take them back home with you each time.
warning All students carry the same materials, please label yours! Check our Lost-n-Found bin regularly. Thank You!