June 6 to August 15, 2022
We don’t teach art. No one can. But no one can aspire to creative, artistic practice without acquiring the craft of the artist as one’s own.
And craft can only be learned through actual practice.
That’s what we teach, and teach very, very well.
We are here to welcome you into deep, strong, old-school practice.
That practice is always about the new and transformative things
that you’ll experience and create!
Courses Offerings (multiple levels of advancement):
Drawing, inks, watercolors, acrylics, oils, and collage.
All classes entail a 2-hour slot.
There will be no class on Monday, July 4th. Tuition is not charged for this day.
Makeup classes offered online, Sundays, 10am-12pm noon, across the 10 weeks of the Session. Featuring works developed at home, and special exercises and drills. Feel free to book your makeups in advance of any foreseeable absences.
Summer Session 2022 consists of ten, 2-hour classes over the course of ten weeks.
$35/ hr. semi-private classes ($70.00 per week)
(compare our competitive pricing: the average cost of a 1 hr. piano class in NJ is $60.00)
Accounts charged in two equal installments:
the first on the week of Monday May 30th,
the second on the week of Monday, July 4th.
Please use our list to purchase your own starter kit at your favorite online or retail outlet; add additional gear incrementally, as you move across levels of advancement, at your own pace. We can easily discuss matters if you are an advanced practitioner looking to explore additional media, tools and support.
Health & Wellness Policy
- 1. The AAHP’s Director/Chief Instructor is an older chronic asthmatic. Though vaccinated and boosted, she cannot face undue higher risks of exposure to colds, the flu, or COVID-19 and its variants.
- 2. If feeling under the weather, please call out and arrange for a credit. It’s easy!
- 3. Staff, students, and guests must bring in their own masks. All individuals are asked to wear the mask to fully cover their mouth and nose at all times when in the studio, in the hallway, and when in the bathrooms. Please remove and dispose of masks only once outside the premises.
- 4. The studio will provide complimentary disinfection wipes and hand sanitizers at all worktables. All work tables are disinfected after and before any sitting.
- 5. The studio will operate an air filter during class times.
- 6. There is no cross-ventilation in the studio; the room layout demands that the room operate behind closed doors, under air-conditioning and/or central heating.
- 7. Guests and visitors cannot remain in the studio during class times.
- 8. No more than five practitioners will be allowed in the studio at once, each seated at least six-feet apart.
- 9. Studio staff reserve the right to ask non-compliant individuals to leave the studio at once.
- 10. The student assumes all risks associated with potential exposure to contagious diseases in the studio and its premises.
- 11. If the local community at large, or the studio community in particular, experiences a breakout of contagious disease, classes may revert online, temporarily, though still be delivered from the studio, via Zoom.