When you access the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online, your personal information is collected through the use of tracking technology. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can remove or reject cookies, but be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online, including all our pedagogical services offered to the subscribed minor.
You may not decline web beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or by modifying your web browser’s settings to notify you each time a cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. Again, be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online, including all our educational services offered to the subscribed minor.
What are cookies, and why does AAHP/DVT use them?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, that are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a computer, mobile device or smartphone) when you visit some websites, including the AAHP/DVT website.
Cookies help websites know if the browsing device has visited them previously and help improve the functionality of the services provided on the website. For example, every time you visit such a site you can be logged in automatically, and the website will remember your preferences. Some cookies are associated with your account and personal information, while others are not.
What are the different types of cookies?
In addition, AAHP/DVT may use both “sessions cookies” and “persistent cookies”. Session cookies are only stored on your device during a single browsing session to the site and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device until they are set to expire or until you or your browser delete the cookies.
For these purposes, AAHP/DVT may use the following categories of cookies on our website:
- Mandatory Cookies. These enable you to move around this site and use its features. Without these cookies, services that are necessary for you to be able to use our website, such as ensuring that you stay logged on or remembering what is in your shopping basket, cannot be provided.
- Tracking Cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, such as which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from web pages. Please note that when at the AAHP/DVT website, it is possible that third-party services may place their own cookies on your browser, and such services can only be used if their cookies are not disabled. As a result, the specific cookies cannot be disabled.
- Third-Party Cookies. These cookies that are placed on your browsing device by a third-party can be managed by checking the third-party’s website for more information about cookie management and how to “opt-out” of receiving cookies from them.
Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies entirely you will not be able to access secure areas of the AAHP/DVT website and may experience some or total loss of function in the services we provide.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems, and our mobile applications, may include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected.
Before visiting and providing any information to any third-party websites, please inform yourself of the privacy policies and practices (if any) of the third-party responsible for that website, and take those steps necessary to, in your discretion, protect the privacy of your information and that of the minor. AAHP/DVT is not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third-parties, including other sites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
How We Use Your Information
Having accurate information about you also permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected via the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online to:
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver all educational content to the subscribed minor.
- Enable all other user-to-user communications.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online.
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, contests and discounts.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third-parties.
- Deliver to you targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online.
- Notify you of updates to the AAHP/DVT website and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online.
- Offer new products, services, mobile applications, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter and giveaways.
- Solicit support for and other AAHP/DVT company-owned content online other company-owned content.